Friday, July 25, 2008

Our New House Is Ready




For all of you who didn't know, we bought a second home in Sun City West, Arizona. It was to be more of a winter home, but now that we have Ed's mom, we will be there probably as long as she is alive. That is unless we can let her stay with her other son next summer to give us a break.
The house is right down the street from my parents which makes it really nice to visit and have someone to play scrabble with. My Mom and Jack have gone above and beyond with getting our house ready for us.
First, we needed furniture for every room. They went to estate sales and estate sale stores looking for everything from pots and pans to bedroom sets. They also oversaw the installation of Pergo flooring and cermanic tile, and then cleaned up the workers mess. We also had the inside painted.
Jack worked on the outside, trimming numerous hedges, palm trees and getting rid of unwanted cactus.
I went to see the house this week and couldn't believe how incredible it looked. I'm so happy with it that I can't wait to move in! Well, that's all for now. Love to all, Vicki and Ed

3 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Princess!
Now that my "homework" is all done I have time to check in to see if you have posted anything...and was surprised to see the pics of your new home! The living room looks even prettier now that we have the curtains up on the bay window and sets the room's quiet mood and warmth. I think you will be pleased with it. Love you tons and will be looking forward to some good Scrabble games and I am assuming that since your karma is so good at your house that we will be playing there from now on?? Mom

hntr said...

Hi Vicki & Ed,
WOW, your new home is gorgeous!! But, I have to say your "second hand home for the homeless" is gorgeous as well. :)
I hope you guys are not working too hard and that Mary is doing well too.
Take care
Carla

hntr said...

Wow, very nice!! the pics looks great!! can't wait to get down there and see it all in person. It's amazing what you can find at the sales and such.. Mom and Jack did a fantastic job also!!

-John