Saturday, September 4, 2010

Finally Finished!

Well, I did it! All the camp sites have freshly painted picnic tables on them. That's about 60 tables. It took all summer because there were several steps to doing them. First, Ed or Bob (the owner) had to sand the tables with a grinder to get off all the old paint. That was back breaking hard work. Thank God I wasn't strong enough to hold the grinder! After that I flipped the tables upside down and tightened all the bolts with compressor ratchet. Then while they were upside down I painted the legs black with a rustoleum type paint. Next step was to use the air compressor to blow all the sawdust off of them. Now I can finally put primer on the tables and then the paint, which was a pretty blue or purple. I did between 8 to 10 tables at a time and now it's done! Yea! They make the campground look so fresh and clean. I'm really glad that I got to contribute to making it a better place for people to come and have fun. That's all for now, Vicki

No comments: